- Accessing your Account Information
- Adding Money
- General Questions
- Using the Card to Make Purchases
The Americas Card is a reloadable and reusable Visa Prepaid Card designed to help save you time and money through the convenience of Direct Deposit. With direct deposit you get paid faster and more securely. Since your earnings are deposited directly to your card account, you avoid having to wait for paper checks on pay day and going through the hassle of cashing them.
Because it’s a Visa Prepaid Card and you can only spend the available balance on your Card; there is little risk of going over your account balance. You can also reload your own cash to your card through Visa Readylink. Your Visa branded card can be used at all merchants that accept Visa debit cards.. It can be used to shop, get cash, transfer money between prepaid cards and to your bank account, and pay bills.
Call us as soon as possible. If your card is lost or stolen and you contact us as soon as possible, Visa’s fraud resolution can result in your funds being returned to your account. Visa’s Zero Liability policy covers U.S.–issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details or visit www.visa.com/security.
Simply call (800) 279-6124 and follow the voice prompts to activate your card. You will be asked to select a PIN.
Your card will expire three (3) years from the issue date. For security reasons, if you do not use your card for an extended period of time, it may be placed into an inactive or closed status.
There are a number of reasons that you may not be able to use your card. You may not have sufficient available funds to cover the amount of your purchase plus the transaction fees, the merchant may be experiencing problems or the card may be damaged. If you don’t think these are the reasons, please call our Customer Care Center at (877) 202-CARD (2273) and we will be happy to help.
You can use your The Americas Card at millions of ATMs or use it to make purchases at merchants worldwide that accept Visa.
Yes. You can pay bills to companies that allow telephone or online payments. You must have enough funds on your card to cover the payment and any associated fees.
I’m prompted for “ATM”, “DEBIT”, “CHECKING”, and “CREDIT” when I am paying at a retail store. What option do I pick?
Although your card works as a prepaid Debit Card, you can SIGN FOR YOUR PURCHASES by choosing the Credit option as opposed to using your sensitive PIN number as with a Debit transaction. This DOES NOT MEAN your card is a credit card, as you are always limited only to the available balance.
I’m prompted for “SAVINGS”, “CHECKING”, “DEBIT” or “CREDIT” when I am getting cash at an ATM. What option do I pick?
Choose “CHECKING”. Money will be deducted directly from your account.
The Americas Card is partnered with the largest surcharge-free ATM network. Every dollar you make is more important than ever these days. Put ATM surcharge fees in your past. With more than 36,000 ATMs, you’re sure to find one in your neighborhood. Look for these logos next time and pay no ATM surcharge fee.
Yes, simply call 877-202-2273 to speak with an agent who can provide you with your routing number and account number. You can sign up for direct deposit with as many employers as you’d like.
Adding your own cash to your card is very easy. There are thousands of retail locations that offer reloading services throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. All you need is your card number and the cash you want to load to your card.
- Visa ReadyLink Visit a participating merchant location near you.
- You can find the nearest ReadyLink location at visa.com/readylink
- Go to the cashier and tell the person that you would like to add money to your Visa Prepaid Card using Visa ReadyLink. MoneyGrams are Visa ReadyLink locations and require a Receive Code, which is 7034, to alllow your card to be loaded.
- Select the amount you would like to load.
- Give the total cash amount (cash to be added to your card + store fee) to the cashier. The store’s Visa ReadyLink fee is the only fee that will be assessed to reload your card through Visa Readylink. The Card does not charge a fee for this service, but ReadyLink may collect a small fee for this service.
- Purchase a Green Dot MoneyPak Card at your local Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid or other participating retailer. They are usually located in the prepaid section. Find the nearest participating location at www.moneypak.com
- Once funds become available on the Green Dot MoneyPak Card, follow the directions to initiate a load to your Prepaid Visa Card .
- Note: Do not purchase a Green Dot Debit Card as you will not be able to load funds to your Card with the Green Dot Debit Card. MoneyPak, which is similar to a reloadable calling card, is a product that is different from the Debit Card offered through Green Dot.
The Americas Card balance and transaction information is kept up-to-date for most transactions. Deposit information may be dependent upon the banking system and is generally available the next business day. Please keep in mind you are still responsible for knowing your actual balance even if pending transactions have not posted to your account.
Go to our website at www.theamericascard.com and click on the Member Log In button located on the upper right side of the page, then click on the link next to “Forgot your User ID and/or Password” and follow the directions.
You can check your balance for by using our secure site atwww.theamericascard.com. Simply go to the Member Log In, located at the top right corner of the screen. Then go to “First Time Enrolling.” Follow the directions and once you are logged in you can view your balance. You can also check your balance at millions of ATMs worldwide or by calling our Customer Care Center line.
Setup your account online by following the instructions above, and once you have logged in, click on Mobile Alerts to set up your account with your personal cell phone. After you have completed this, you can text “bal” to 42265 and we will immediately reply with you current available balance.
You will not receive a monthly statement, unless you specifically request one. All account activity is kept updated on our secure site at www.theamericascard.com. Simply go to the Member Log In, located at the top right corner of the screen. You can access the Member Log In 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In the Member Log In, you can view activity on your card and have the option to print out your statements.
Yes. Simply go to the Member Log In, located at the top right corner of the screen. Once you are logged in, you will see the option on the left-hand side of the screen to change your PIN.
You can transfer funds to another The Americas Card by logging into the Member Log In at www.theamericascard.com. Once logged in, you will see an option on the left-hand side of the screen that says Card to Card Transfer.
Yes, you can. Go to your Member Log In at www.theamericascard.com. Once logged in, you will see an option on the left-hand side of the screen that says Bill Pay. You set up an account with Bill Pay and you will click “Make a Payment” for any new bills you want to pay. You must have enough funds on your card to cover the payment and any associated fees. Follow the instructions and you will be able to pay all your bills.
If this is your first time accessing your account log in page, be sure to take these initial steps.
- Before being able to manage your account online, you will need to create a User ID and a Password.
- This information is not automatically assigned to your account.
- Your 4-digit PIN is not your password.